WILDLAND ENGINE • FIRST RESPONDER • RAPID INTERVENTION UNIT
Skeeter Brush Trucks were designed with the collaboration of wildland firefighters and engineers. Our solution is a true custom wildland apparatus manufactured to NWCG standards. We put emphasis on protecting the chassis and body through reinforcements and armor to take the personnel and equipment to the fire and fight offensively while minimizing manpower.
Each body is designed for strength, durability, and flexibility – engineered for 20 years of extreme wildland service. Our bodies are TIG welded aluminum substructure (5″ or 8″ structural C-channel main frames with 3″ I-beam cross-members on 12″ centers). The bodies are then aluminum skinned and spring mounted to the chassis frame. Each body is NFPA flex tested with the customer in all attitudes while flowing water to all discharges to demonstrate and guarantee you’ve purchased one of the highest quality bodies in the industry.
Our Custom Front Bumpers are built of aluminum (or steel) and formed to accommodate over two dozen options. Constructed for wildland interface firefighting; our bumpers are manufactured for strength to protect the cab, the engine and steering assembly when working in extreme off-road conditions.
Most requested bumper options:
- Aluminum or Steel (Brushed, Painted, or Powder Coated)
- 30-125 GPM remote controlled monitor, add a turret camera and LED scene light
- 15 GPM Sweep nozzles with armor protection
- Recessed or portable recovery winch
- 4″ HID driving lights
- Spot/Flood Super-LED Scene light
- Reflective chevron striping
- Skid plating and aluminum tread plate flashing
- 4 Emergency lights with armor protection